Thursday 20 June 2019

God is My hope


My hope

In the Bible, hope is more than a wishful desire, it is an expectation of blessing.

My hope in Hebrew:

Tiqwati
The related Hebrew word, miqweh, means “to wait or look for with eager expectation.” God should be the focus of our expectation because no one and nothing else is so faithful to meet our needs and bless us with the very best for our physical, mental, and spiritual lives.

Strong’s Concordance number: 8615b
Bible reference: Ps. 71:5

For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth. (Psalm 71:5 KJV)

Similar names for God are “Hope of their fathers” and “Hope of Israel.” The people of Israel learned that God never disappointed them when they looked to Him expectantly; in the end, He always blessed them with what they needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

WORD OF GOD IS ALIVE AND ACTIVE

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joint...